My Monitor Rant
I wanted to share that both my monitor and main workstation broke down, causing various inconveniences while I waited to get a new monitor. Here’s what happened:
- I bought a 2k monitor based on recommendations from YouTube, but it hurt my eyes. I had been using a 5k monitor for a few years, so I couldn’t get used to the lower resolution.
- Since I had already opened the 2k monitor, I couldn’t return it. I decided to sell it instead.
- I then ordered a 4k monitor, which was 30% cheaper than the 2k monitor.
- I bought the new monitor directly from the Dell website, rather than trying to hunt for a deal on Lazada.
- When I tried out the 2k monitor, I suddenly realized that my original monitor wasn’t actually broken - it had been working all along.
- If I had noticed this earlier, I wouldn’t have rushed to buy a new monitor and ended up buying one that didn’t suit me.
- I missed out on a great deal for a 5k LG monitor that only cost around RM3k+. This would have cost a lot more in the US and Singapore.
- I just got my new Dell monitor today and using it now!
That’s all for my monitor troubles!
Since you are staring at screens all day, perhaps you might want to look into glasses that block the artificial blue light. They made a world of difference for me. No more headaches or eyestrain. I wear ones from https://truedark.com/
interesting, never know about this.